Thursday, March 27, 2008

Plan to Extend the Observation Deck of the Eiffel Tower

This proposal, has been circulating the blogosphere for a few weeks now. I figured everybody knew about it already, so didn't add it to my blog. My mistake. It's actually, a lovely design; Sort of Art Nouveau. It's airy quality lends itself well to the open framework of Gustave's design. Thanks for the great link Isabelle, and thanks to Lance for being such a good sport.
UPDATE: Monday, March 31 - Stories are beginning to circulate that this is a hoax. Hard to tell. Obviously the designers put a lot of effort into their renderings, but according to the organization that operates the Eiffel Tower, there is no such plan, nor any plan, to change one of the worlds most iconic structures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey first time that I heard of it!!
Of Course Lance sent me that link originally who else!!! :-) I guess the plans are for 2009.

Anonymous said...

Put etre un poisson d'Avril?